Mar 31, 2010

SFMOMA

My momma was in town last week and we spent the afternoon at SFMOMA. The Luc Tuymans show was good but the Anniversary show was fantastic. My favorite pieces:
This was a group of drawings by kids between the ages of 6-13 (I think...) from Rhodesia (today known as Zimbabwe), depicting daily life in their villages.
 Of course, I lost the piece of paper where I wrote down all of the information but I believe these were created through an art program led by an artist (whom I can't remember) and then exhibited at the museum.

Two other favorites:
Theophilus Brown, The Referee

Clyfford Still, Untitled (previously Self-Portrait)

Oh, and the little room of Paul Klee's work left me fairly awe-struck. It's been a while since I've felt so invigorated and inspired by an exhibit. It's good to feel excited about art again.

3 comments:

artfoodsoul said...

wow! as a huge fan of kid's art those are amazing! love the depth of the drawing and the color!

Joslyn said...

oooh there's nothing better than going to see art. it's restorative! one of my all-time favorite things to do.

mb said...

I am a huge fan of children's art.
Theophilus Brown just about slays me every time I see his fine work... Bay Area Figurative painter? That is what I am remembering. Makes me weep.
Clifford Stills is so fine too.

Thanks for reminding me.
mb from dallas