Mar 3, 2010

Ana Botezatu: Dream Pillow

My dear friends in Germany sent us a Christmas package. They mailed it in December and I just received it on Monday. Sometimes real mail is funny like that. It was almost like receiving a double gift; I had long forgotten about the gift and assumed it long lost.

Inside were boxes of marzipan, cookies, super clever buttons, yummy smelling beauty goodies and the most amazing hand-embroidered dream pillowcase. The pillowcase was a belated Hochzeit gift and it is almost too beautiful to use.

The pillowcase is the creation of Ana Botezatu, a friend of my friends and a wickedly talented artist. I got a little carried away with the photos but I couldn't decide which little guys not to show off.

Even the button is amazing.
***Ana's work was also featured yesterday on Erin's blog, Design for Mankind.

10 comments:

artfoodsoul said...

i am always blown away by exquisite craftswomanship...

Meghan said...

This is amazing.

karey m. said...

gor. geous.

that button!

Hannah said...

YES!!! ROBOTS!! ON A PILLOW!!!

Erin Wallace said...

I LOVE this. What a clever idea and so cute! BTW, your blog is wonderful. Will be following; so happy to have found it!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this!

caroline duke said...

OH MY GOSH.

these friends of yours. they can be mine, too?

Shayna said...

Michelle: I agree, it's something I can't do and am always so impressed by...

Erin: Thanks, glad you're here!

Caroline: I know, they're kind of off the scale with awesomeness. I didn't even mention how nicely the packages are always wrapped...oh those Germans!

Meghan said...

Shayna,

Thank you for the feather grass advice. Luckily the fire danger is not high at our city house... Thanks for coming by the blog

sk said...

That is GORGEOUS! And so so awesome.