Sep 6, 2012

Pt. Reyes

A couple of weeks ago, my parents, my brothers, and our little Oakland gang met up in Pt. Reyes for a 5 day vacation. My parents rented an awesome party house that slept the entire crowd, plus my fantastic red-headed cousin (and her dad for one night).
I had visions of us shucking oysters, touring creameries, walking out to see the elk at sunset and making our way down the 308 steps to the light house. We didn't do a single one of those things.
Instead, we took easy walks through the fields near the house to look for ladybugs, biked in to town for ice cream replenishment (multiple times), picked blackberries along the highway and neighborhood roads, ate too much cheese, played crazy ping-pong (called Chinesisch if you're German or "Berlin-style" if you're a Mission hipster), hosted the first annual Pt. Reyes Olympics in the pool, watched baby deer jumping, played "Sentence, Picture, Sentence" (aka Exquisite Corpse if you're fancy) and baked the most perfect birthday cake for a certain golf-obsessed 30 year old brother.
Oh, and I scored a beautiful birthday gift (thanks Ma and Pa!)  from a local jeweler.

No comments: