Mar 19, 2010

Fancy Pots

I saw this idea in a display at a local Anthropologie store and snapped a few photos for future crafting reference.
It took me nearly two years but I finally got around to pulling out the puffy paint. It was a quick 10 minute project and dirt cheap. I had the pots on hand and the puffy paint was a couple of bucks.
I didn't plan the design ahead of time and after going a bit overboard on the first planter, I held back a bit on the second one and I think it's more successful. A word to the wise: thinner puffy paint looks nicer and less like a 5 year old playing with puffy paint.
I had planned on filling the fancy pots with some sophisticated succulents, but two of my favorite flowers (daisies and ranunculas) were on sale at OSH so I had to go girly.

2 comments:

Joslyn said...

aacckk! So freakin cute!

Erin Wallace said...

These are really cool; I'm thinking I have to do this!