Nov 7, 2011

mobile

A friend made this mobile for E. She painted every little animal and cut out a variety of sizes. Each side of each animal is a different bright color. Every time E points to it I tell her, "Pferde" (horse in german). The animals are more of a vague horse/zebra/dog but I like them non-specific.

The mobile hangs above the changing area because E is now squirmy as a slippery fish when it comes to diaper changes. Sometimes the mobile helps keep her distracted, other times a song or having her "help" me by holding the clean diaper. Wriggly babies are amazingly hard to manage.

8 comments:

Hannah said...

Seriously awesome mobile.

I feel you on the difficult diaper changes. I've tried to talk Stella through the importance of having a dry, clean bum, but she doesn't seem to care. I'll put almost anything in her hand to keep her occupied for 10 seconds while I bundle her into a clean diaper... This is a phase, right?

Johanna said...

Yes, the wiggles are a phase. Next comes flipping over and scooting far enough away that you cannot reach and running around naked or sitting on the floor to test the feeling of wood/carpet/concrete on a naked bum! The changing table will be a thing of the past.

Celia said...

who is this friend, and will she make me a mobile too? i will PAY her.

i love hoe joey said the changing table will be a thing of the past. every time i change cheech anywhere other than the changing table, he has a major panic attack.

jamie said...

LOVE THIS!

ok. so part of the problem that i have started about a million mobiles in my head but then executed none is this:

is it still cool from the baby's perspective if it is vertical elements only? really, non rhetorical. i am asking here.

Megan Taylor said...

So sweet, colorful and happy. Thanks for sharing :)

Shayna said...

jamie- hm, i suppose that it probably is still fine with all vertical elements. just don't hang it directly above h's head and then he should be able to look at the elements, yes?

Wolfie and the Sneak said...

just the idea of wriggly little babies makes me want another. I always called M my little jelly bean when I'd change her. So sweet, and I love the mobile!

Celia said...

was i drunk when i wrote my comment? by "he" i meant joe, and not that cheech is actually a boy. :/