Jan 25, 2010

Oh boy. I feel some changes coming on. Not huge ones, just some nice solid changes that have a been a long-time coming and are fed by the last few days that I spent in design heaven. I just got back from the Altitude Design Summit in Salt Lake City where I sat in on some inspiring talks and met gobs and gobs of amazing people. I haven't felt this inspired or driven in a good long time and I'm excited to see where this new-found fire leads.

The most immediate reaction I'm having to the last 3 days of design immersion is that with only 800 sq. feet of actual home and minimal storage, we have way too much stuff. I'm in purge mode. If it's not deeply loved or used then it goes and everything should have a place. No more paintbrushes in the utensils pot and no more vitamins stashed behind mixing bowls....yikes.I'm more than a little embarrassed to show off our too-crowded kitchen and top of the fridge but I'm hoping that in doing so, I will be shamed into proving that "I'm not messy" (ha). First purge and reorganization is well under-way. Updates to come as they occur; wish me luck.While we've really maintained this blog as a space for sharing the work on our little cabinhouse, I've been missing parts of my first and now long-neglected blog. This space will continue to focus on our home, but I'd like to start sharing some random bits of inspiration and finds over here now.

For starters, some links to my newest friends and co-conspirators: Design For Mankind, Mackin Ink, Simple Lovely, Design Crush, Greedy Girl, SF Girl by Bay, You Grow Girl, Design Milk, Oh Joy!, Mint Design and Okay Great. There are many more people and sites to list...I'm overwhelmed by the creativity out there in the world...thanks guys!

7 comments:

Susan said...

i loved meeting you (practically in passing) at alt. I too came away v. inspired. how awesome is your amazing house? i love it.

Joslyn said...

"I'm not messy" either ;-)
xoxo

caroline duke said...

i am really really really jazzed to be a new reader to your blog. you are truly a charmer and i can't wait to follow along now.

sfgirlbybay said...

it was so great to meet you! i loved our dinner chat! :)

karey m. said...

you know how i adored you! xoxo.

Petit Elefant said...

It was so great to meet you, I adore your aesthetic and can't wait to spend more time on your blog.

xo

Anne @ The City Sage said...

so happy to have met you! and SO inspired by all the hard work you've put into your little abode. simply amazing!