Mar 16, 2009




iphoto isn't playing nice these days.
having some computer issues and won't be able to upload my own photos for a while...


on a different note, i like these kitchens.
i found the top two images here and can't remember where i snagged the other two...

we have open shelving in our kitchen but somehow it looks a bit messier. i think one of the biggest problems is that we don't have a lot of other storage, so much of our food-stuffs ends up sitting in open view. must figure out good (cheap!) glass canisters.

trying to purge our small house of excess. whittled the plates down from 16 to 6...16 people wouldn't even fit in our home! no need to keep a matching set of white plates for our guests that can't come in...


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

for glass canisters check IKEA, they usually have a pretty decent variety, OR just hit up the hardware store for some Ball canning jars - this is what I use in my pantry - they're super cheap, have a great seal, and that pretty-old-fashioned thing going on.

Anonymous said...

I also donated 10 or so plates to my brother. I only kept 4. Imagine the size of my apartment...lol

Katherine said...

the bottom photo is raya's (from "the paper pony") kitchen. :)

Shayna said...

i think i may have figured it out...photos soon. thanks for the suggestions!

katherine, thanks for the photo credit..

Liz said...

love the kitchens and think I'll try and make that vertical spice rack.

i've referenced your blog on my blog page about sustainable building & living.